Friday, August 11, 2006

Spencerport Firehouse Fire - Isn't It Ironic?

The news this morning that Spencerport Fire Station No. 1 burned down speaks for itself. You can't make this stuff up. I hate to make light of it, but could this situation be any more ironic? On a serious note though, I would have to assume that the ability to fight fires in the Village of Spencerport is severely hampered by this. It's a scary thought that such a relatively dense little village does not have its own full-service fire department. Then again, we all know how much Republicans hate taxes. If I were a Spencerporter, I'd be pretty worried. If the fire station itself could not be saved from fire, how can any structure in Spencerport be safe now that they don't even have a fire station? Thank God I live in the City of Rochester where our firehouses may sink into the ground, but they do not burn down.